Analog output module was designed with extremely high demand on audio quality. The purpose of the module is to convert and process the balanced audio signal from 384 kHz / 24bit synchronous digital format to balanced analog signal.
Such high sample rate does not guarantee great sound quality. In order to achieve crystal bright sound, we utilize best solutions available:
- High-quality printed circuit boards are used in the module with controlled impedance and gold coated traces.
- Digital and analog parts of boards are separated and do not interfere analog audio.
- Balanced signal is used everywhere inside the module to reduce noise as much as possible.
- We use bi-stable relays that need only very short voltage impulse on coil to change the switch state, which enables reducing electromagnetic interference to the signal.
- Ultra-low noise power regulators are used for each channel separately in order to reduce noise.
- To achieve precise clocking, the module has a specifically designed clock with Crystek crystal driven Phase Locked Loop with jitter less than 600 femtoseconds.
- Digital to analog converter by ESS technology ES9018 with a dynamic range up to 135dB and -120dB THD+N is the heart of electronics inside the module.
- The module has OPA1632 trans-impedance amplifiers.
The module has a self-diagnostic feature to prevent unwanted outage before it happens. Redundancy of input channels is possible with multiple Analog Input modules in different slots or Base boxes. The module is fully hot-swappable, the change, replacement and reconfiguration is possible without the need to turn devices off. The module is compatible with all Base boxes and consoles of G series.